Ana Carbajosa wrote: Visitors are flocking back to Jesus's birthplace but border controls mean Israelis call the shots
"It is true that this is a record year and that we have never received so many tourists in Bethlehem. The problem is that we only get 10% of the tourist revenues. The rest stays in Israel," complains Palestinian tourism minister Khouloud Daibes. A total of 1.4 million people have visited Jesus's birthplace this year, a 60% increase compared with last year. According to the minister, 70%-80% of this year's tourists are one-day visitors.